About Us

The writers of this blog are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We do not represent the Church as a whole and so our posts will represent our own personal feelings, experiences, and opinions. We are grateful for the chance to share some of our insights as Christians. We welcome comments from members of the Church about our postings. We also welcome questions from readers that are not of our faith. We will not argue doctrinal points, but will to the best of our ability answer honest questions from those wanting to understand our beliefs.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mormon

I figure for my first post I ought to explain myself and share my testimony. I am a devout Mormon. I write "Mormon" only because many people know this name to be the title of the Church. This is actually not the case; it is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Nevertheless, many people have undertaken to defame the name "Mormon" with there own websites and blogs to get at the Church in a round about way. So partially the purpose of this blog is to provide those searching for answers about the Church another resource through our own testimonies and experiences. WE DO NOT REPRESENT THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS AS A WHOLE. We are members of the Church authoring a blog about our testimonies, faith, and experiences.

I believe in Jesus Christ, and what's more than that is I also believe Jesus Christ. I believe that just like in Old Testament and New Testament times the Lord calls prophets, authorized servants, to direct us today. Literally, a latter day Moses. The full church organization that Christ established during his mortal ministry and subsequent events is found on the Earth today in the "Mormon" Church, or as it is really named, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It has been a great comfort in my life to know since I was very young that the Lord has not left us alone to our own devices to get through the struggles we face today. He has not stopped speaking to us and providing us inspired scripture to help us with our daily needs. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and was translated by Joseph Smith by the power of God. Those who will read and study sincerely and pray and ask of God if it's true will gain a testimony of its truth through the power of the Holy Ghost.

1 comment:

Matt and Lindsay Bauman said...

good for you. Your doing good things. People will find it and you will touch someone somewhere